What is ConvertRite
Data Conversion challenges
Utilizing the Oracle cloud for its high-efficiency data plays an important role. It is vital to have the right and clean data in place. These data can be bought from several ERPs into the oracle cloud, and this process is very critical and crucial. There are some common challenges attached to this process.
Adapting to oracle's best practices
Oracles have a set of best practices that need to be taken into consideration and require adaption of it. As part of your transition, you must ensure that you reflect these changes and adaptations in your Data Conversion requirements.
Your data landscape in your legacy ERP needs to be re-defined to the current system. We need to understand our data and need to know where all does it reside. Custom fields are created for process requirements, re-used fields, and any documentation relating to the same.
There are two main load utilities to leverage – FBDI (File Based Data Import) and ADFdi (ADF Desktop Integration). The data must match the content and structure of the format of these templates, Which defines what to do once populated.
Updates and missing functionalities
While uploading the data through FBDI, some of the functionalities might not be available to the constant updates done by oracle. Also, some of the functionalities are not supported by FBDI. These Functionalities must be considered as we might miss some of the existing functionalities.
Coming from a background of Data Migration from On-Premise to Cloud might be a shock as you can’t directly query the database to look into specific data concerns, mass update records quickly, and check record counts.
- It generates FBDI templates based on the version.
- It is a repeatable process, streamlined, and backend script free.
- It builds user confidence and Saves users time.
- It reduces effort by up to 40%.
- Built-in project management to manage end-end conversions.
- Dashboard to report progress of conversions between source and cloud.
- Data migration from any source (ERP) to the cloud.
- Simplified data conversion process using the ConvertRite database conversion tool by creating the template, Mapping, loading data to the cloud, and reconciling.
- Multiple Sources.
- Create a “Source Template” and map data from any source.
- “Original Transaction Reference” (Org-Ref) – to avoid duplicate data.
- Multiple versions of FBDI/HDL files.
- Different Cloud releases/versions.
- Cloud master data.
- Map between source and cloud.
- Reconciliations were made easy with Org-Ref.
- Track source to the cloud.
Accelerating your data conversion with ConvertRite helps you migrate your data hassle-free as the process of migration begins with choosing a conversion object and setting up the cloud template, Loading the master data using CSV Adaptors, Loading the source template, setup mappings, performing the validations of data, migration to the cloud and reconciliation of the same.
Data Conversion with Rite Software
- Reduced effort leads to reduce in cost, ultimately savings.
- Zero coding required.
- Pre-built cloud adapters
- AI-based mappings
- Copy functionality from one environment to another
- Easy reconciliations
- Eliminate manual conversion errors, thus improving the data quality with Oracle Data Migration Tools
Copyright © 2021 Rite Software Solutions & Services LLC. All rights reserved.