What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services include any IT service and support that is managed by a third-party firm using cloud solutions. These Cloud Managed IT Services provide round-the-clock monitoring of your systems, 24×7 proactive support, and regular troubleshooting and maintenance services, even before your in-house team identifies the problem.
Managed IT services offer several benefits, including cost savings, 24×7 support, and reduced dependence on your in-house IT staff to manage the plethora of applications your organization uses daily. Having a partner firm to manage these services can lower costs and improve the reliability of your systems.
Benefits of Managed IT Services
Let us dive deeper and understand what the benefits of managed IT services and support are for organizations of all sizes.
- A holistic approach to managed services streamlines your business operations. With all services, including monitoring, management, data storage, and security, under one roof, there is greater accountability when something fails or doesn’t meet expectations. Your managed IT services and support team can easily identify and resolve the issue.
- Centralized applications and servers offer greater security and stability. Your applications and data are hosted remotely with managed services, typically in a virtual server environment. These server facilities are usually compliant with international security standards and ensure complete safety and security even during a natural disaster or unforeseen events. Managed IT service providers have well-defined standards to ensure business continuity if there’s a disruption in your business.
- 24x7x365 service ensures peace of mind and reduces the stress on your in-house IT staff. Your managed service provider (MSP) is always available and is best placed to prevent network or system failures because they can identify and address any problem before you do.
- A well-trained, managed IT service team can perform duties that your in-house staff cannot. Modern IT applications and infrastructure require unique, specialized resources and skill sets. Learning new skills costs time and money, and training your in-house IT team each time you roll out a new application or technology can be a cumbersome process. It’s best to leave it to the experts.
- Managed IT service providers enable your in-house IT staff to focus on growth and innovation. Your MSP can manage your day-to-day operations on autopilot, while your IT team is free to focus on your organization’s core competencies that will help you stay ahead of the competition.
- Managed IT services can improve overall compliance. From consumer privacy to financial data security, compliance regulations and standards help protect individual rights. Compliance plays a major role in avoiding fines and scaling your business quickly, especially for businesses in specific industries like pharmaceuticals, finance and legal. Managed IT services shift the burden of compliance from your internal staff to trained experts, who can ensure that your systems are compliant with local and global rules and regulations.
- Managed IT services have low upfront costs and operate on a steady recurring payment model, making it easier to create budgets for your IT expenses. Predictable maintenance costs reduce cash-flow problems in the future.
- Centralized management enables remote or flexible working arrangements, not only reducing overall infrastructure costs, but also ensuring that all employees have an identical technology experience. Whether employees work from your office, home or other locations, they can access their systems and data, and experience the same speed, security, and reliability as on-site.
- With Cloud Managed IT Services, it’s easy to scale up or down based on your business needs. Scalability helps you optimize resources and costs. With a pay-as-you-go model, you can scale up during periods of high demand and scale down later as needed.
- An MSP continuously monitors and upgrades your systems to ensure that they perform optimally and have the latest features and functionality. You gain the benefit of their expertise while staying future-proof without any significant investments in software upgrades or employee training.
Copyright © 2021 Rite Software Solutions & Services LLC. All rights reserved.